Tuesday 24 August 2010

ESPN.com has a new interview online with WWE Superstar Sheamus

ESPN.com has a new interview online with WWE Superstar Sheamus. Below are the highlights:

  • WWE Superstar Triple H as an influence on his career: 
Even before I got to WWE, I studied Triple H. He was one of my favorite superstars, his wrestling was ruthless, and I think a lot of his style you can see in me a little bit. He was one of the guys who influenced me to take the steps where I wanted to go and it was a great honor to hook up at Mania with him and a great honor to put him out at Extreme Rules one month later. He's definitely one of the biggest influences of my career.

  • His quick rise to the top:
I don't think anybody has, as far as I'm concerned, moved up to get the spot I have so fast. Sometimes you kind of forget where you come from, but walking into this THQ event, I see the big poster on the wall of me after winning the title for the first time and I just want to pinch myself.

  • The WWE Star Sheamus character: 
I'm just sick and tired of the typical Irish stereotypes. All you see are leprechauns and drunken Irish parties with green beer, but I wanted to bring a more positive look at the Irish. Back in the day, the Celts were some of the most feared warriors in the entire civilized world. People were afraid of the Celts, they were vicious warriors, so I wanted to bring that strong warrior to WWE and it has worked so far.

  • Working security for Bono:
When he'd come to Dublin, he liked to come to this nightclub. He'd come in, sit down, and have a few pints, so we'd do security for him. I'm a bigger star than Bono is now, so he's the one looking for my autograph. [laughs]

  • Airport security & the WWE Championship belt:
Every time I go through security there are like seven TSA guys standing around and holding it up like four-year-old kids. I think it's a security threat every time I go in because everyone in TSA seems to move to my conveyor belt. It's funny. I always give myself an extra half hour to get through security now because of the belt.

  • Who he'd like to face at Wrestlemania next year:
I'd like another crack at WWE star Triple H, only I want to beat him this time. WWE Superstars John Cena, Randy Orton, or even the Undertaker. What the heck, I'd like to take the streak. Just because I'm WWE champion doesn't mean I'm going to sit back and take my foot off the gas.
Source: ESPN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment