Sunday 16 May 2010

Chris Jericho and his reason for choosing to Wrestling rather than Music


The six-time world champion had dreams of becoming both a singer and grappler when growing up in Winnipeg, Canada, in the late 1980's.
But it was only 10 years later after he'd become an international wrestling star that he finally pursued his rock star dreams by forming the band Fozzy.
Chris Jericho revealed: "Growing up in Winnipeg there weren't a lot of opportunities in music.
"Wrestling wasn't much easier but there were more ways to do it.
"So I stopped being in bands, but I never stopped playing music and jamming and writing music.
"I love it. So it's worth all the juggling I do with wrestling now.
"Music is my passion, and it's growing people are flocking to it.
"They are listening, coming to the shows.
"If it was being greeted with apathy then it would be a different story, so I'll continue as long as I can."
Speaking about his future with the WWE, Chris added: "I think now is the time to stay for a couple of years to help those around me. I want to help the young talent."

No comments:

Post a Comment